Welcome aboard!

Indian cuisine is a riot of colours, flavours, and spices. Every state has its own unique culture- ingrained taste bud. And, to many of us staying within familiar tastes is a sacrosanct act. Of course an occasional trip to a speciality restaurant that serves another fare is ok. But, as a matter of routine ...at home...NO!

One of the benefits of being born to parents who dared an interstate marriage (am talking about India of the 70's) was being able to widen a regional taste bud to accept, experiment and, relish eclectic cuisines :-)

I love food! Be it traditional or fusion, cooking is all about turning out fare that is tasty and healthy.I welcome all lovers of good food to come on aboard and share your kitchen adventures.

If you like what you see, do leave a comment. If you don't, please leave a suggestion to help me make this better.

You can also request for any recipe you want. Just leave a note in a comment box.

Happy cooking!

Dershana

Friday, August 29, 2008

Omelette with greens

It's not that I don't enjoy traditional recipes but I do plead guilty to having a very strong streak of adventure when it comes to food. I love adding a lil something extra to give what my family eats a fillip !


Whole Egg - 1
Egg whites - 2
Coriander leaves (cilantro) - a medium sized bunch
Spinach (palak) - 4-5 fresh leaves
Small onions (shallots/scallions) - 3 Nos
Ginger - 1 " piece
Green chillies - 3 Nos
Fresh ground pepper - as spicy as you want
Salt to taste
Chop the onions, ginger, green chillies, and the greens well. Whisk in the eggs. I choose the yolk of only one of the 3 eggs to lessen the cholestrol content (you may want whole eggs). Add the salt.
Heat a girdle and drizzle a little olive oil. pour out the omlette. Sprinkle the pepper on top. Turn over and cook other side.
Serve with whole grain bread for a hearty breakfast.
Sending this over to Sangeeth's 101 Recipe Series featuring Omelettes. The event is on at http://letusallcook.blogspot.com/2008/08/calling-all-food-bloggers-for-101.html


Vidhya of My Recipes (iyercooks.blogspot.com) has given me the beautiful Perfect blend of friendship award. Thank you, dear!




Awarded:Mai Yen Eds Chez Francine La Place de Cherie Le bric à brac de Cherie Wonderful Things In lifeConcealed Mind Can of Thoughts Muthahood Crib MammaDawg Life and Me A Mother's Stuff http://housewifeatwork.blogspot.com/My Receipes, thefootloosechef

I pass this on to my sweet friend Lubna of kitchenflavours; my first blogger friend, EC of simpleindianfood; my 'newest' visitors Yasmeen of yasmeen-healthnut and Divya of mixtomatch.blogspot.com; Srivalli of cooking4allseasons just for her kind heart; and with a big bouquet of heartfelt apologies to my friend Sunshinemom of Tongue Ticklers(tumyumtreats) for inadvertently missing out the last date of her first event :-(

7 comments:

lubnakarim06 said...

Omelette looks welcoming dear.
Sounds healthy too. Thank u for considering me as u r friend and passing on the award. Congratulations to u too for the award.

Yasmeen said...

Thanks you Dershana,the awards means a lot to me. Trust,kindness,honesty and caring are indeed perfect blend of a friendship.
Your omelet with greens sounds healthy.
We'll stay in touch.

Venkatesh said...

Thanks for the award..why dont u check out if this omlette is already listed in the 101 omlette recipes event hosted by Sangeeth..if not you could add yours there

Dershana said...

Hi Venkatesh, do I know you? you have thanked me for the award???

EC said...

Hey sorry, that was me EC...didnt notice that blogger is logged into with my husband's id..Something special for u here http://simpleindianfood.blogspot.com/2008/08/carrot-tofu-sevai.html

Srivalli said...

heheh...yes yes, I read that..thats what I commented in my last comment which is not visible...

Thank you so much for thinking of me...feels good..:)..and of course the support...Lakshmi needs ppl like you!

Anonymous said...

That sounds like its packed with fresh flavor!

 
Blog Blog